At St Mark's we are committed to promoting and supporting British Values of
Democracy The rule of law Individual liberty
Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
We believe that this approach fully complements our christian ethos as a church of England Primary School.
The school will promote the values through our everyday work. this includes the PSHE and Religious Education policies, daily acts of worship and assemblies.
- To develop pupil self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- To distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- To accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- To acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- To further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
- To encourage respect for other people, and
- To encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.